Re: Circulating software?

Paul Duckworth (pauld@mail.orion.org)
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 12:43:12 -0700 (PDT)

My library began a collection about four years ago at one branch, and
have now expanded it to all eight branches, with over 550 titles. No
problems, but two things to watch for:
1) single user license agreements--don't buy any software with these
2) Mac vs. Windows

Here in Southwest Missouri, we have very few Mac users, at least who use
our CD-Rom collection. Although many titles are dual platform, many
other great ones are not. In those cases, we buy only the Windows
version. We've had no complaints from Mac users. Mac use in other
parts of the country may be much higher than here, so keep this in mind.

Paul Duckworth
Springfield-Greene County Library