Re: Copyright

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 10:34:13 -0700 (PDT)

Say Becky, You are correct for now about the copyrighted work (for U.S.
works being author's life plus 28 years renewable for an additional 28
years. However, the law will be (or already has changed) to author's life
plus 90 years for films. I know that you've received other e-mails on this
topic from better informed sources than myself. As was said previously,
this new law effects older films previously in the public domain like "It's
a Wonderful Life" - boy if this law would have been in effect in the 80's
Ted Turner wouldn't have made all that money colorizing B/W old films and
destroying the masters, then applying for a new copyright. Darn it... Jim
Scholtz.

At 08:22 AM 9/26/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Ignore my previous post for information re copyright. I found the
>information and it is 28 years from the date of copyright on anything prior
>to 1/1/78 unless renewed.
>
>Sorry for the increase in traffic.
>

>Becky Carolus
>Administrative Assistant