Re: two stumpers in one day...

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 11:02:42 -0700 (PDT)

I doubt "fair use" is really the issue. I think you need to get the company
you are getting a license from to be specific about "advertising". Is it a
specific film or a blanket license? I know that Swank for instance sends out
ludicrous restrictions which would basically make it impossible for anyone
to know you were even showing a film. The general concern of the studios is
just that you not be in "competition" with theaters and kind of doubt this
is a big problem. Again I don't think "Fair use " can apply to promotion but
on the other hand I might just ignore some of the restrictions on things
like public service newspaper listings and alike as they are virtually
nonsensical.

Regards

jessica rosner
kino