RE: 2 PBS titles on video (?)

Tom McKenna (massprev@massprev.org)
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:51:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Our Own Terms is about to be released by Films for the Humanities and
Sciences (800-257-5126). I just ordered the programs last week, and FHS
expected to be shipping the tapes within a few days.

tom

Tom McKenna
Resource Manager
Massachusetts Prevention Center of the Merrimack Valley
101 Amesbury Street, Suite 405
Lawrence, MA 01840
(978) 688-2323 x513
massprev@massprev.org
www.massprev.org

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Lucy Lockley
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2000 1:45 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: 2 PBS titles on video (?)

I am trying to find an order source for the following two titles which are
PBS broadcast programs. Both are recent, the second may not have even been
shown yet but we are already getting requests to purhcase it in video
format. Any assistance would be helpful.

"On Our Own Terms: Moyers on Dying" 4-part series (broadcast in St.
Charles, MO area last week)

"A Force More Powerful: A Century of Nonviolent Conflict" (to be broadcast
in St. Charles, MO area tonight, 9/18/00)

I am curious to know if anyone has information on pricing and differences
between ordering sources. I have not found either title listed on sources
such as Baker & Taylor or Library Video Company, so far. Possibly too soon?

Thanks in advance.

Lucy M. Lockley, Collection Development Manager Phone: 636/441.2300,
Ext. 1563
St. Charles City-County Library District FAX: 636/441.3132
425 Spencer Road
P.O. Box 529 e-mail: llockley@mail.win.org
St. Peters, MO 63376-0529

"Demons after money!?! Whatever happened to the still beating heart
of a virgin?! No one has any standards anymore!"
___ Giles ('Buffy, the Vampire Slayer')
| \
| \
\\ | /