RE: Maltin, etc.

Allen, Scott - Library (
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:50:21 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with Buddy. While Halliwell's is a staple in reference sources for
film and the Maltin and Videohound are excellent resources, I haven't had
to use any print sources for the past few years.

>This is a bit beside the point but Maltin's reviews are available free on
>the Internet Movie Database ( <> ) If you
>search a movie, you should see a link on the left side of the page (under
>Plot and Quotes) that takes you to Maltin's review of the movie from his
>book, Leonard Maltin's Movie & Video Guide.
>While it is still very useful to have a print copy of the books at the
>library. The IMDB is useful for faculty in that they have access to the
>reviews from their offices, homes, etc.
>Roger Ebert's reviews, from 1985 to the present, can be found at
> <> . They are
>free, easy to search for, and more thorough than Maltin's summaries.
>Buddy Pennington
>Acquisitions/Serials Librarian
>Rockhurst University Greenlease Library

Scott Allen
Media Librarian "Trying to stay afloat
Midwestern State University in the seas of technology"