Re: Maltin, etc.

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:29:07 -0700 (PDT)

I tend to agree with Jessica on this. My only complaint is that since it is
a listing of films that play on television, certain titles get deleted from
edition to edition. So I keep lots of old editions around. It's that
genetic trait found in many librarians.

Oksana

At 08:12 AM 9/13/00 -0700, you wrote:
> and erratic in listings. I don't look really look at Videohound that
>much. I find Maltin as comprehensive as something that size can be and
>while I may disagree with some of the ratings ( How dare they not give Kiss
>Me Deadly four stars) overall they are the most reasonable on this issue. I
>always recommend that my customers keep a copy handy and here at the office
>we have two , one for the Video Dept and one for us old fashioned film
people.

> Jessica Rosner
> kino
>

>> From: ""<>
>> Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 06:43:41 -0700 (PDT)
>> To: <>
>> Subject: Maltin, etc.
>>

>>& Video Guide, Videohound's Golden Movie Retriever, and Halliwell's Film
>>Guide all be placed on standing order, with the old copies being weeded
>>as soon as the new copies were in. I've been asked if they are all
>>necessary.
>>
>> thought I'd check with the collective before shooting my mouth off!
>>
>> are: in your respected opinions, are these titles different from each
>>other? Are they all necessary? If not, which one(s) would you prefer to
>>have handy all the time? Personally, I like Halliwell for the pithy
>>reviews, Maltin for the volume and Videohound for ease of use.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Andrea Slonosky
>> Media Librarian
>> Long Island University, Brooklyn Campus
>> (718) 488-1311
>> Andrea.Slonosky@liu.edu

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-7622
Concordia University
LB-805-1, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8