RE: CD cleaning/repair

Charles Timberlake (ctimberl@sjvls.lib.ca.us)
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:56:48 -0700 (PDT)

We visually inspect each CD when returned and dust them off, if necessary.
If they need real cleaning, we have a bib disc cleaner (fake chamois
rotates around surface of CD upon which we have sprayed the secret sauce
or whatever, mostly alcohol?). For scratches causing problems in playing,
we treat the surfaces with something we found at Radio Shack. If that
doesn't do the trick, we take them to a local used CD shop that has a
machine that resurfaces the discs if the scratches aren't too deep. Cost
to us is $3 per disc. I can hardly wait to see if it will resurface DVDs!
No, I don't know the name of the machine or who manufactured it. It does
work.