Re: Rewind film clips?
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 16:03:17 -0700 (PDT)

Years ago, I worked as an assistant to a film editor. From the dregs of my
memory, I can think of two items that may be what you have there:

One was a clip that was placed over the end of a film and pinched down on
the sides of the film roll (temporarily - and it was removed the next time
the film was unwound) when film was wound onto cores and taken out of the
twist-apart film reels and stored on cores.

The other is a clip that if permanently fastened to a length of
slightly-heavier-than-film plastic (usually clear) which is then is wound
around a film, then the clip tucks down on the sides of the film and this
clear strip keeps the film from unwinding in the box during storage or
transport - film still on the reel. These are still used by many of the
major film rental distributors.

Sorry I can't describe these items better - hope this helps.

Sue DeHut

Susan Davis-DeHut
Director, Educ. Media Services
Linfield College
900 SE Baker Street
McMinnville, OR 97128

--On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 1:39 PM -0700 SDavies@MtRoyal.AB.CA wrote:

> Here's a historical question:
> In clearing out some old library supplies, we've come across a tiny
> envelope of Kodak rewind film clips. These small brass clips appear to
> fit over the edge of a 16mm(?) film into a sprocket. I can't imagine why
> one would attach this to a film. It surely would prevent the film from
> feeding thru a projector.
> Any suggestions?
> Stephen Davies
> Mount Royal College, Calgary