Re: DVD Info

Ranny Levy (ranny@cqcm.org)
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 13:54:05 -0700 (PDT)

Gary,
According to Alexander and Associates, DVD hardware penetration will
reach 13.5 million homes by year's end (not including playstation 2
which will have DVD capacity and expects to ship 1 million by end of
year) and according to Warner's DVD Home Entertainment group DVD
software is expected to reach 200 million by year's end. These numbers
were given at the DVD Supersession last month at the Video Software
Dealers Association meeting. They seemed astronomical to me until I
questioned some of the presenters who pointed out the impact of the
early adaptors. Question to ask, "if you had both a DVD player and a
VHS, which one would you use?" Obviously, the quality of DVD is so
much better than VHS ever was and, unlike what happened to Sony when
they lost the beta battle, they're making DVD players easy for people
to buy. Who buys a new computer today without a DVD player?
Ranny
tks for the field of dreams image

--
Coalition for Quality Children's Media - KIDS FIRST!
112 W. San Francisco St. Suite 305A Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501