RE: Poor families now fastest-growing Internet demographic

Gregory Callahan (gregory_callahan@hotmail.com)
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:00:58 -0700 (PDT)

As a public librarian, I see a lot of lower income individuals accessing the
Internet on our PC's. There are occasions when the wait may be considerable,
but usually not too long. Job hunters can also peruse our newspapers or
check out other job-related materials while they're waiting. Most
people,whatever their reason for accessing the net, can usually find
constructive ways to fill up their wait time while in a library setting. In
that, we may have an advantage over home access when a family has multiple
potential users.

Greg Callahan
Hyde Park Free Library, Hyde Park NY