RE: DVD Info

Charles Timberlake (ctimberl@sjvls.lib.ca.us)
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 13:48:34 -0700 (PDT)

I haven't seen any DVDs priced as high as many movies on VHS. Movies can
top out at $105 retail while DVDs top out at $40 and provide extra goodies
the VHS copies don't. Also, used DVDs are about $10 locally. Of course,
working for a public library, I am mostly aware of prices of movies on DVD
and VHS. If DVDs are damaged they can be repaired I am told by a local
shop that has one of the machines that planes off scratches in CDs ($3/CD
they charge us). The scratches can also be removed from DVDs, they assure
me. Don't forget that cassettes can be damaged, also. Books, too,
sometimes don't last forever in the hands of some of our patrons.