RE: DVD Info

Frank Landrum (flandrum@lane.k12.or.us)
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:17:52 -0700 (PDT)

Well, it looks like Gary got an interesting discussion going, so for the
sum of 2 cents...
Do we serve only our current patrons, or do we serve our potential ones
also. What is the role of a library (media, print, or any other type)?
Not an original thought, it came from Enoch Pratt, that Baltimore rascal
from the last century - or was it two centuries now.
A simple example: If we have patrons who are blind and do not use the
library because they cannot read or see our videos, do make braille and
recorded books available and market to them, or do we say, they don't use
the library so don't order anything for them.
It is much more complicated than that, and I wish I had the answers, but
thanks Gary - I love this site.
Frank Landrum
Lane ESD