Re: DVD Info

Pat Tully (ptully@gettysburg.edu)
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:20:07 -0700 (PDT)

At 08:31 AM 8/22/00 -0700, Peter Rieseler wrote:
>... Does
>anyone know where I could find more information on the current status of
>DVD at academic libraries, in particular smaller and medium sized
>college libraries? Has the DVD format now found wide-spread acceptance,
>or are most libraries still waiting for an increase in patron demand and
>a greater variety in available DVD titles?...

Hi,

We have a small DVD collection (82 titles at last count) that we premiered
in January. They have proven quite popular so far and account for a
respectable 2% of all video and DVD circulation for the period (DVDs
comprise 1% of our combined DVD / VHS collection).

Before we started the collection our library media rooms were updated with
DVD players. We also kept in touch with our computing department so when
they upgrade classrooms they include DVD players, either stand-alone or PC.

I hope this is helpful!

Patricia A. Tully, Head of Technical Services
Box 420, Musselman Library
Gettysburg College
300 N. Washington St.
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17375