Re: Looking for Video on TVA

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:56:53 -0700 (PDT)

There's Pare Lorentz's The River from 1937 it's a 32 minute film.

Traces life in the Mississippi River Valley through 150 years. The
consequences of sharecropping, soil exhaustion, unchecked erosion and
floods are shown. Concludes with scenes of regional planning, TVA
development, and correlated federal efforts. Issued in 1937 as a motion
picture. Cinematography by Floyd Crosby, Stacy Woodard, Willard Van Dyke
and music by Virgil Thomson.

Available from the National Audio-Visual Center on VHS or on THE NEW DEAL
DOCUMENTARIES laserdisc.

Oksana

At 08:39 AM 8/15/00 -0700, you wrote:
>A faculty member here is looking for a good feature film or documentary
>on the Tennessee Valley Authority. He would like to get his hands on a
>copy of Wild River, the 1960 Elia Kazan film, but we understand that has
>never been released on video.
>
>Any out there know of other films that might address this subject??
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
>Roz
>
>--
>_______________________________
>Rosalind Tedford
>Information Technology Center Manager
>Wake Forest University
>Phone: 336-758-5910
>FAX: 336-758-8831
>tedforrl@wfu.edu
>http://www.wfu.edu/~tedforrl

Oksana Dykyj voice: 514-848-3443
Head, Visual Media Resources fax: 514-848-7622
Concordia University
LB-805-1, 1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W,
Montreal, Quebec
Canada H3G 1M8