Re: More on DVD and OLAC

Nell Chenault (nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu)
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:28:37 -0700 (PDT)

DVD's share many of the problems presented by laserdiscs. What is the
primary content? Where do you list all the extra features for the DVD
version, the notes fields or the contents field? Do you need some of the
computer fields to describe the equipment/format specifications?

Language classification is a new challenge with DVD - multiple languages.
Also, audio DVD formats may muddy up the water soon - sound recordings
instead of a datafile or videorecording.

At 12:32 PM 8/14/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I failed state clearly where I read about OLAC's DVD questions. I have
>several pages from an undated newsletter. It turns out that they are from
>the June 2000 issue of the OLAC Newsletter, which is available online:
><http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/units/cts/olac/newsletters/june00.html>
>
>See "OLAC Research Grant Recipient" and "Everything You Always Wanted to
>Know." -- Kris
>
>Kristine R. Brancolini, Media/Film Studies/Digital Library Program
>Main Library E170, 1320 E. Tenth Street
>Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405
>Phone: 812.855.3710 | Fax: 812.856.2062 | Email: brancoli@indiana.edu
>www.dlib.indiana.edu

Nell Chenault
Head, Media Resource Services