Re: Laserdisc Storage Ideas?

Patricia O'Donnell (odonnell@ucla.edu)
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:17:11 -0700 (PDT)

>Laser disks are about the same size as LPs. Have you looked into
>storage originally designed for LPs?
>
>Debra Jo Sujka
>
>Rosalind Tedford wrote:
>>
>> We here at Wake Forest are struggling to find storage for our laserdisc
>> collection. Yes, I know, laserdiscs are no longer in fashion, but we
>> have a wonderful collection, much of it purchased for nearly nothing
>> from a collector. We have about 1200 at this point and even though we
>> are not going to add to the collection, we still need to store it.
>>
>> Has anyone out there found a good way to store laserdiscs? I would love
>> pictures, vendor contacts, anything that might help us. We have
>> $3000-$4000 to spend and I have already inquired about having something
>> built and have been sent back to find something ready-made.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Roz
>>
>> --
>> _______________________________
>> Rosalind Tedford
>> Information Technology Center Manager
>> Wake Forest University
>> Phone: 336-758-5910
>> FAX: 336-758-8831
>> tedforrl@wfu.edu
>> http://www.wfu.edu/~tedforrl

Dear Roz,
We are storing laser disks on bookshelves and it's doing the trick. We
have approximately 700 laser disks and we stand them on end on metal
bookshelves. They've been filed by accession number and we've indicated
the range of numbers per shelf with labels. Works fine. (You do need to
be sure that they are either tightly packed or use bookends to insure that
the laser disks are upright.)

Best regards,
Patricia O'Donnell , Manager
OID-Instructional Media Library