RE: Immigrants and English

Schmitt, Mike (schmittm@uwgb.edu)
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 11:18:01 -0700 (PDT)

NEWIST at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay has produced programs on
this topic with a focus on Hmong people. They can be reached at
920-465-2599. Production quality is good on most programs...Good Luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nell Chenault [mailto:nchenaul@saturn.vcu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 12:38 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Immigrants and English

I'm looking for suggestions of features or documentaries which illustrate
difficulties immigrants face in America through lack of English language
skill. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also, we are trying to identify a film which showes two Phillipine girls
who were adopted by Americans. My patron does not know if it was a
documentary or feature film. They said it was broadcast on TV "a lot"
several years ago.

I've searched World Cat & IMDB plots.

Thanks for any help with this query!

Nell Chenault