Re: Adventures of a Radical Hillbilly

Jonathan Miller (jmiller@frif.com)
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:00:42 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Marc

Thanks for mentioning our film (otherwise I would have had to!). Just a
note: we reduced the price of YOU GOT TO MOVE by $100 last year. Now its
$390. Our web site will be up-dated later this month.

Sincerely,

Jonathan Miller

At 10:14 AM 8/3/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Don't know anything about the Moyers show, but You Got to Move from First
>Run/Icarus (we got it years ago as part of the MacArthur Library) deals
>with the Highlander School. Info from First Run catalog below:
>
>YOU GOT TO MOVE
>
> A Film by Lucy Massie Phenix & Veronica Selver
>

> A documentary about personal and social
>transformation, YOU GOT TO MOVE
> records the progress of individuals who, together
>with Tennessee's legendary
> Highlander Folk School, founded by Myles Horton, have
>worked for union, civil,
> environmental, and women's rights in the South.
>
> The film takes us beyond the individual issues to the
>very process of social
> change and the evolution of leadership. At a time
>when so many people may feel
> powerless, this film joyfully announces people do count, that they can
>make a difference.
>
> "Provocative and joyful... Highlander's work translates to the film in
>wonderful ways. YOU GOT TO MOVE
> vibrates with the energy of people who have found an inner strength. They
>are funny, tough, eloquent." - San
> Francisco Chronicle
>
> "The film's impact is in its message: dedicated individuals have the
>power to create social change.
> Recommended for collections in Southern history and/or social activism."-
>Library Journal
>
> ** Blue Ribbon Winner, 1986 American Film Festival
> ** Silver Apple Winner, 1986 National Educational Film Festival
>

> 87 minutes / color / 1985
> Sale/16mm: $1350
> Sale/video: $490
> Rental/16mm: $150
>

>Marc Sober voice : (410)396-4616
>Audio-Visual Department FAX : (410)545-7517
>Enoch Pratt Free Library e-mail: msober@mail.pratt.lib.md.us
>400 Cathedral St. web: http://www.pratt.lib.md.us/slrc/sas

>Baltimore, MD 21201
>
>On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Gail B. Fedak wrote:
>
>> I have a faculty member who wants an upgrade (transfer of 3/4" to VHS)
of this old (1981?) Bill Moyers Journal program about Myles Horton and the
Highlander School. I inquired at the Highlander Center, but the only person
available until next week has not been there long enough to know about this
title. Any leads as to whether this is still available for sale and from
whom will be appreciated.

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Gail B. Fedak
>> Instructional Media Resources