Re: Adventures of a Radical Hillbilly

Marc Sober 396-4616 (msober@mail.pratt.lib.md.us)
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:15:41 -0700 (PDT)

Don't know anything about the Moyers show, but You Got to Move from First
Run/Icarus (we got it years ago as part of the MacArthur Library) deals
with the Highlander School. Info from First Run catalog below:

YOU GOT TO MOVE

A Film by Lucy Massie Phenix & Veronica Selver

A documentary about personal and social
transformation, YOU GOT TO MOVE
records the progress of individuals who, together
with Tennessee's legendary
Highlander Folk School, founded by Myles Horton, have
worked for union, civil,
environmental, and women's rights in the South.

The film takes us beyond the individual issues to the
very process of social
change and the evolution of leadership. At a time
when so many people may feel
powerless, this film joyfully announces people do count, that they can
make a difference.

"Provocative and joyful... Highlander's work translates to the film in
wonderful ways. YOU GOT TO MOVE
vibrates with the energy of people who have found an inner strength. They
are funny, tough, eloquent." - San
Francisco Chronicle

"The film's impact is in its message: dedicated individuals have the
power to create social change.
Recommended for collections in Southern history and/or social activism."-
Library Journal

** Blue Ribbon Winner, 1986 American Film Festival
** Silver Apple Winner, 1986 National Educational Film Festival

87 minutes / color / 1985
Sale/16mm: $1350
Sale/video: $490
Rental/16mm: $150

Marc Sober voice : (410)396-4616
Audio-Visual Department FAX : (410)545-7517
Enoch Pratt Free Library e-mail: msober@mail.pratt.lib.md.us
400 Cathedral St. web: http://www.pratt.lib.md.us/slrc/sas
Baltimore, MD 21201