Re: suggestion for More PP issues

Chip Taylor (chipt@chiptaylor.com)
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 10:48:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Tami-Jo,
I volunteer as President of www.aime.org
a non-profit organization that focuses on copyright and public performance
right issues for educators and librarians. I recommend contacting Betty
Gorsegner, the Executive Director, and ask her to forward information on
joining the group.
One program I produced, Copyright: The Internet, Multimedia and the Law (see
SERIES: Internet & Technology Series @ www.chiptaylor.com), addresses these
issues. And I can strongly recommend its use. I offer it and many others at
substantial discounts to AIME members. Also, I'll send you information from
my company on how your univeristy may receive a FREE membership to AIME.
Chip
sales@chiptaylor.com
www.chiptaylor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tami-Jo M. Eckley <eckleyt@mville.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 1:22 PM
Subject: More PP issues

>Here we go again. Recently I mentioned on the listserv, that I have not
paid much attention the public performance issues simply because I haven't
had to yet, so forgive my ignorance. What are colleges and universities
doing for campus wide student film nights/showings and presentations? Are
they renting films or buying tapes with public performance rights? I have
no idea how much any of these things cost but we have a group on our campus
who would like to do such things and there are some people on campus who
apparantly do not know the importance of doing this legally. Are there any
specific cases that I can point them to and/or some good web pages on
copyright specifically addressing this issue? Thanks a bunch, as always.