RE: Spanish language videos

Tatar, Becky (bltata@aurora.lib.il.us)
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

Lynette,
For feature films, try Madera Cinevideo in Madera California
Madera Cinevideo
311 South Pine, Suite 102
Madera, CA 93638
Phone: 800-624-2204, 800-828-8118 (California only),
209-661-60001
video@maderavideo.com
Notes: Videos pertaining to Latino life, history, and culture.
(this is courtesy of Gary's site at Berkeley)

Also, at ALA, Libros Sin Fronteras had videos - nonfiction in
Spanish, for home use prices - $19 - $24. Also, they were more than 30
minutes long! I almost wept in joy. They probably thought I was crazy, I
was so happy.
We get most of our Spanish videos from Madera, but I always check
Baker & Taylor. If they have the video, their prices are a great deal less
- like half. These will be straight Spanish, no subtitles, not dubbed. You
can check our website for titles - do a keyword search in subject with
video? and spanish. Hope this helps.

Becky Tatar
Unit Head, Periodicals/Audiovisual
Aurora Public Library