Re: Spanish language videos

Gregory Callahan (gregory_callahan@hotmail.com)
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:44:53 -0700 (PDT)

I don't have a core list, but for my small NYS library, I have bought a
number of English language videos with Spanish subtitles. A number of very
popular titles are available in that format and should appeal to your
Spanish speaking audiences (if literacy in the mother tongue is not an
issue) as well as your English speaking patrons. Students of Spanish also
benefit.

How to advertise them is another matter. People still get confused. English
speaking patrons think the video is in Spanish no matter how you word it.

Greg Callahan
Hyde Park Free Library