Re: Laserdisc Storage Ideas?

Karen Driessen (karend@selway.umt.edu)
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 18:10:57 -0700 (PDT)

It seems to me that standard phonodisc (lp) shelving would work just
fine. Shelves are 13 in. deep and the shelves have several slots for
adding 5 to 7 dividers per shelf that allow the discs to remain upright
when others are removed. These shelves fit on standard library shelving
uprights. Most recently we ordered some from Burroughs but other companies
probably handle also. Hope this helps.

At 01:00 PM 07/20/2000 -0700, Rosalind Tedford wrote:
>We here at Wake Forest are struggling to find storage for our laserdisc
>collection. Yes, I know, laserdiscs are no longer in fashion, but we
>have a wonderful collection, much of it purchased for nearly nothing
>from a collector. We have about 1200 at this point and even though we
>are not going to add to the collection, we still need to store it.
>
>Has anyone out there found a good way to store laserdiscs? I would love
>pictures, vendor contacts, anything that might help us. We have
>$3000-$4000 to spend and I have already inquired about having something
>built and have been sent back to find something ready-made.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Roz
>
>--
>_______________________________
>Rosalind Tedford
>Information Technology Center Manager
>Wake Forest University
>Phone: 336-758-5910
>FAX: 336-758-8831
>tedforrl@wfu.edu
>http://www.wfu.edu/~tedforrl

Karen C. Driessen, Director Phone: 406-243-2856
Instructional Media Services (MMLAO1) FAX: 406-243-4067
32 Campus Drive #4968 E-mail: karend@selway.umt.edu
The University of Montana
Missoula MT 59812-4968