RE: Laserdisc Storage Ideas?

Carol Dunn (dunnca1@oplin.lib.oh.us)
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:17:27 -0700 (PDT)

When we had laserdiscs, we stored them in our old record bins. We now
use the same bins for our compact discs. Works great.
Carol
AV Librarian, NT Administrator and Webmaster
Findlay-Hancock County Public Library
206 Broadway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
419.422.1712 Ext. 217

-----Original Message-----
From: videolib@library.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib@library.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Rosalind Tedford
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2000 4:00 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Laserdisc Storage Ideas?

We here at Wake Forest are struggling to find storage for our laserdisc
collection. Yes, I know, laserdiscs are no longer in fashion, but we
have a wonderful collection, much of it purchased for nearly nothing
from a collector. We have about 1200 at this point and even though we
are not going to add to the collection, we still need to store it.

Has anyone out there found a good way to store laserdiscs? I would love
pictures, vendor contacts, anything that might help us. We have
$3000-$4000 to spend and I have already inquired about having something
built and have been sent back to find something ready-made.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roz

--
Rosalind Tedford