Re: Patron looking for a film

Marilyn Huntley (mhuntley@hamilton.edu)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:18:46 -0700 (PDT)

This sounds a bit like a Frederick Wiseman film. Zipporah Films, in
Cambridge, MA, has his "High School" and "High School II." There's nothing
called "Asylum" in the catalog, but they have "Hospital," which won an Emmy
in 1970. It's about "the daily activities of Metropolitan Hospital," not a
psychiatric hospital. You can look them up at www.zipporah.com or call
617-576-3603.
Marilyn

At 01:01 PM 7/18/00 -0700, you wrote:
>HI Group, I have a patron looking for a 16mm film depicting
>events/patients in a psychiatric hospital - insane asylum, possibly located
>in MA. Professionally done by a main-stream documentary producer in the
>1970's. Possibly the title began with ...Asylum. Any help with the title,
>producer, etc. would be helpful. Apparently, it was released for
>professional use but also shown in theaters (probably not in 16mm form).
>The patron thinks that the same producer did one on high school. both
>titles were done in cinema verite(sp). Thanks for any suggestions.
>Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)

Audiovisual Classroom Services
Hamilton College, 198 College Hill Rd., Clinton, NY 13323
Phone 315-859-4120; Fax 315-859-4687
e-mail mhuntley@hamilton.edu