RE: Another longshot

Darryl Wiggers (Darryl.Wiggers@AllianceAtlantis.com)
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:24:33 -0700 (PDT)

There are 247 episodes of Murphy Brown. A number of them deal with Murphy
renegotiating her contract. None of them appear to have premiered in 1991,
The closest is the "Tempus Fugit" episode which premiered in 1997 ("Murphy,
in the middle of negotiating her new contract, misses a show and Corky does
a great job filling in for her. The network offers Corky a spot in the
Middle East, and a single year deal to Murphy, who usually has a three-year
deal.")

First you'll need for specific info in order to identify the particular
episode. Then I would recommend the faculty member to look it up in TV
guide. The series is in re-runs a number of times a day... I don't imagine
the current rights holder (Warners) will be of much help.

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Dew [mailto:mdew@post.cis.smu.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 1:43 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Another longshot

O Videobraniacs,

I have a faculty member in the Business School asking me if
I can locate a copy of an episode of "Murphy Brown" from 1991.
The episode has something to do with Murphy renegotiating
her contract with the network.

Jeez Louise!

Should I call CBS? (I've heard it aired on that network, the only
sitcom I've ever watched was The Simpsons.) I've yet to see any MB
episodes released on videotape among bigtime distributors, but I
could sure be wrong---again.

Thankin' y'all in advance,
-Margaret
M.A.Dew
Southern Methodist University
Center for Media & IT
103C Fondren Library West
Dallas, TX 75275
mdew@mail.smu.edu or um_frieda@yahoo.com
214-SMU-FILM

"They teach in academics far too many things,
and far too much of that is useless."
-- Goethe