Re: Value-Added Cataloging by linking to distributors' catalogs

Chris Lewis (clewis@american.edu)
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:53:29 -0700 (PDT)

We use the 856 field for feature film reviews from Movie Review Query Engine
because it links to so many different full-text sources. Unfortunately feature
films account for only about 20% of our collection.

One example, Roger and Me, has links to 17 reviews on MRQE. For the Roger and
Me record from our catalog, go here:

http://www.aladin.wrlc.org:8000/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=1&ti=1,1&SC=Title&CNT=25+records+per+page&SA=roger+and+me&PID=29171&SEQ=20000713144108&SID=1

--
Chris Lewis
Media Librarian

""98% of all statistics are made up." -Anon