RE: Death of a Princess

Darryl Wiggers (Darryl.Wiggers@AllianceAtlantis.com)
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:43:57 -0700 (PDT)

Well, the television rights are currently not owned by any rich royals or
major oil companies. Why not ask your favorite local broadcaster to acquire
it from Warner Bros.? They currently distribute it.

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Dew [mailto:mdew@post.cis.smu.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 1:18 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Death of a Princess

Margi,
I've discussed this documentary (about the execution of an adulterous
Saudi princess) with Arabists in the past. Its release was very
successfully squelched by the Saudi royal family in cahoots with a
major oil company who also happens to be a major contributor to
public television. I doubt it will ever see the light of day
legitimately as long as Americans run on fossil fuels. Get my drift?

-Margaret
SMU-CMIT

> I'm trying to locate the following video for a professor:
> Death of a Princess produced by Antony Thomas & Martin McKeand.
> Recorded from a broadcast of the program World, May 12, 1980.
> I've already tried PBS, but they don't have it.
> Thank you in advance
> Margi Peoples University of San Diego
> Media Services 5998 Alcala Park
> 619-260-2269 San Diego, CA 92110
> Fax: 619-260-5954

M.A.Dew
Southern Methodist University
Center for Media & IT
103C Fondren Library West
Dallas, TX 75275
mdew@mail.smu.edu or um_frieda@yahoo.com
214-SMU-FILM

"I was brought up to believe that the only thing worth
doing was to add to the sum of accurate information
in this world." - Margaret Mead