Re: PORGY and BESS

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:33:50 -0700 (PDT)

Well from what I was told years ago, Ira's wife who I believe is STILL alive
was the problem
but the younger generation is now OK with it. The real problem is that Sam
Goldwyn JR. will get his rights back in less than three years and MGM does
not want to invest a lot of money in something they will only have for a
short period. The original 70mm Negative and other materials are lost and
they would have to do a lot of restoration work.

Jessica Rosner
Kino