RE: Bicycle Thief/ Don't despair

Trent Nicholas (Tnicholas@vmfa.state.va.us)
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 07:21:05 -0700 (PDT)

There is hope!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jessica [SMTP:jesskino@redconnect.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2000 9:33 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: Bicycle Thief/ Don't despair

Actually The Bicycle Thief remaines VERY POPULAR. We reissued it
theatrically in 1998 and it played very well throughout the country.
Also
our 16mm prints are VERY BUSY and I was actually able to make two
new 16mm
prints in the last 4 years. So much for 16mm being dead. When Studs
was
speaking I was thinking of one of my recent bookings on the film. A
student
from Idaho State called to book it and asked me if I had ever seen
it. She
never had but since " it sounded like such a great film" she was
going to
play it. Anyway it still plays in all sorts of places and is much
appreciated.

If anyone wants to send me Mr. Terkel's adress I can send him a
really
nice poster as a reminder of VRT

Jessica Rosner
Kino