Re: THE FINE ART OF FAKING IT

Stephanie Gates (sjg@psulias.psu.edu)
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:51:18 -0700 (PDT)

--Boundary_(ID_bsYC6tET07wM3B5LDbdPUQ)

Hi all... new to this list, and finding it fascinating. PSU's usual AV
poster is on vacation this week, so I thought I'd pop in and let you know
that Penn State has the title below in it's rental collection, and that we
purchased it from Films for the Humanities -- sometimes the NOVA title
distribution rights get pulled after a certain time period, so check with
FFHS and see if they can still provide it. If not, we can certainly rent
it to you!!

Stephanie Gates
Penn State MediaTech

Title The Fine Art of Faking It (61632)
Physical Color; sound
Copyrighted 1991
Length 60 minutes
Distributor Films for Humanities and Sciences (FFHS)
Audience CA

Synopsis Chronicles the recent history of notorious forgeries, the
growing number of art "treasures" that have fooled museum
curators, and the scientific techniques that are being used
to investigate the authenticity of art works. Offers some
examples of art fraud, including several at New York City's
Metropolitan Museum of Art. Narrated by Richard Dreyfuss.
Produced by WGBH for the Nova series.

Subjects Art, Galleries and museums; Arts and Communications(CART)

Holdings VHS: 1 copy, Rent $16.50