RE: THE FINE ART OF FAKING IT

Trent Nicholas (Tnicholas@vmfa.state.va.us)
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 08:53:31 -0700 (PDT)

Records show we purchased FINE ART OF FAKING IT from Films for the
Humanities and Sciences in 1994 and as having been produced by WGBH and
NOVA. Have no idea if it is still available. I'd suggest Orson Welles' F
FOR FAKE as a good complement also.

Trent Nicholas
Statewide Media Resource Coordinator
Virginia Museum of Fine Arts

-----Original Message-----
From: Rhonda Pancoe [SMTP:rpancoe@mail.colgate.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 11:07 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: THE FINE ART OF FAKING IT

I am interested in either purchasing or renting the 1992 NOVA video,
THE
FINE ART OF FAKING IT, narrated by Richard Dreyfuss. This program
shows
how museums are using scientists to detect forgeries and give
insight into
the process of artistic creation. I will be grateful for any
information
anyone has to give. Thanks.

Rhonda L. Pancoe
Media Acquisitions Coordinator/Secretary
Media & Instructional Technology
Information Technology Services
SB-8 McGregory Hall
Colgate University