Re: Average Cost of a Video (fwd)

sdehut@linfield.edu
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 07:46:13 -0700 (PDT)

I would say that $70 would be a good average if you are including a lot of
instructional or documentary programming. $25 seems low to me even for a
collection that is mostly feature films. Not all feature film type videos
are sold at bargain bin prices! I would say about $40 would be a better
average. As an academic media center, we use $60 as the standard fee for
replacing lost videos.

Sue DeHut

--On Mon, Jul 3, 2000 7:44 PM -0700 Thelma Diercks <thelma@hawaii.edu>
wrote:

> Our Fiscal Officer, for auditing purposes, is looking for an average cost
> of a video. The videos being evaluated are gift videos, not likely
> to be scholarly in nature. Bowker Annual gives an average 1998 figure of
> $70+. What do you think the average cost of a gift video might
> be? Closer to $25? Please send responses to John Awakuni
> (johnaw@hawaii.edu). Mahalo! Thelma Diercks

Susan Davis-DeHut
Director, Educ. Media Services
Linfield College