RE: The Rainbow

Lara Weigand (lweigand@worthington.lib.oh.us)
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 17:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

I know Ken Russell's 1989 film of that title was at one time available on
video (seems to be out of print now):

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0098165 <http://us.imdb.com/Title?0098165>

There's also a made-for-TV version, I don't know if it was ever released on
video or not.
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095954 <http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095954>

remember that you can search IMDB for titles based on criteria like
screenwriter/"based on a novel by" categories...it's a lot more thorough in
that respect than many (most?) of our online catalogs. It's especially good
for the "how many times has <story> been made into a film" questions.

Hope this helped,

Lara Weigand

-----Original Message-----
From: Gail B. Fedak [ mailto:gfedak@mtsu.edu <mailto:gfedak@mtsu.edu> ]
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2000 4:54 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: The Rainbow

I have an instructor looking for this title by D. H. Lawrence or based on
his work. Do not know if this is the correct title. I have found various
titles with the word Rainbow in them, but do not know if any of them is the
title in question. Any leads will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Gail B. Fedak
Instructional Media Resources
Middle Tennessee State University