Re: video selection policy

Oksana Dykyj (oksana@vax2.concordia.ca)
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 11:47:54 -0700 (PDT)

At 11:44 AM 6/30/00 -0700, you wrote:
>On 6/30/2000 11:37 AM, Randy Pitman at vidlib@videolibrarian.com may have
>written:
>
>> sole criteria
>
>Might be better to say "sole criterion."
>
>8^)
>
>Rick
>NWRESD
>Oregon

Well, I don't know. Randy said, "Patron demand is not the sole criteria..."
In this case "patron demand" most probably does not mean the demand of one
patron, and so the various demands put together would not become the only
kinds of criteria for decision making. My interpretation of "sole" is that
it can mean "the only kinds" in this particular context.

Now on the other hand, someone else wrote: "And if you limit yourself to
something "major," such as the Oscar, then you're limited to a systematic
criteria that specifically celebrates..." This is more problematic because
it really is unambiguously using the plural form of the word instead of the
singular.

Now I guess I'll go check what is palying at the various auditoria around
town.

Oksana
Oksana Dykyj
Concordia University