Re: Library Promotional Video

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:34:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Shari,

You may want to try contacting the American Library Association (800)
545-2433 and as for the marketing Dept./ or Prof. Library. Library Video
Network (out of Baltimore) did some library promo. videos at one time -
presumably they still have some. Also, a few years ago (probably 3-4), I
reviewed a video from the Urban Libraries Council that was a promot about
libraries reaching out to all people. It was very good, contained all
ethnic pop. and talked about information explosion, technology, children's
reading programs - the entire gamit. ALA will have a contact # for the ULC
- I'm sure. I can't locate the info. right now. This would give you a
good base - as you already realize, your program will have to deal with a
rural community connecting to the library, using today's technology -
scenes of your state's libraries, etc. I hope that this information helps.
If you need the address for the ULC video - call (800) 545-2433 x 5720
(Gerri Taylor, she is a Booklist AV staff extraordinaire and should have
info. in her database. Just tell her that Jim Scholtz asked you to call.
You may want to wait until after 7/12 when ALA calms down from the
convention, however.

Jim Scholtz
Yankton Community Library
515 Walnut St.