Re: your assistance, please

Jan Derks (jderks@ald.lib.co.us)
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:16:45 -0700 (PDT)

--------------620694D4CD2D580C40C98630

How about The New York Times Guide to the Best Childrens' Videos , the
"definitive, authoritative, all-inclusive guide to more than 1,000 children's
videos", including over 500 family films and 100+ CD-Roms. The book is compiled
by KIDS FIRST! an initiative of the Coalition for Quality Children's Media
(www.cqcm.org). This organization is "the only" national non-profit organization
that uses adult and children to evaluate media. To get a KIDS FIRST! endorsement
the film can't have violence or sexual behavior, physical or verbal abuse,
racial, gender, cultural or religious bias, condescension toward children or
unsafe behavior. Listings are organized by age, from infancy to adolescence. It
covers a wide range of categories (holiday, naature, fairy tales, etc.), it's
annotated, employs a rating system and provides a "Producers" appendix.
Is this what you're looking for? Jan Derks

--
Jan Derks
AV Collection Development Librarian

--------------620694D4CD2D580C40C98630 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"> How about  The New York Times Guide to the Best Childrens' Videos , the "definitive, authoritative, all-inclusive guide to more than 1,000 children's videos", including over 500 family films and 100+ CD-Roms. The book is compiled by KIDS FIRST! an initiative of the Coalition for Quality Children's Media (www.cqcm.org). This organization is "the only" national non-profit organization that uses adult and children to evaluate media. To get a KIDS FIRST! endorsement the film can't have violence or sexual behavior, physical or verbal abuse, racial, gender, cultural or religious bias, condescension toward children or unsafe behavior. Listings are organized by age, from infancy to adolescence.  It covers a wide range of categories (holiday, naature, fairy tales, etc.), it's annotated, employs a rating system and provides a "Producers" appendix.