Re: foreign-language films with public performance rights

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 06:33:25 -0700 (PDT)

--MS_Mac_OE_3045025486_4818061_MIME_Part

Karen
Alas October has been swallowed up by SWANK so you can forget about anymore
16mm prints of foreign language or smaller films, they hardly ever make them
on new releases ( and manage to "lose" many of the existing prints) They
will be able to do PPR on October ( Now USA) Films

jessica
Kino
----------
From: "Karen Venturella" <VenturellaK@Mail.Montclair.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: foreign-language films with public performance rights
Date: Wed, Jun 28, 2000, 12:40 PM

Heather, I co-chair an internat ff at MSU and we usually use New Yorker
Films. The person to contact there is Linda Duchin at 212-247-6110 ext 211.
We show 16mm as our Film Studies people won't let us get away with VHS but
next year we'll probably switch to DVD format.
October Films is another possibility. They are also in NYC at 800-628-6237

Hope you are having a good summer.

"Blenkinsopp, Heather" wrote:

Hello,

Our College is in the process of planning a week-long foreign-language film
festival to take place next March. We'll be showing a video each night to
our college and local communities. There will be no charge to attend. As
this is not a class, we would like to purchase videos that include public
performance rights. Does anyone know of a vendor who specializes in foreign
language films with English subtitles, and with public performance rights?

Thank you very much.

Heather

Heather Blenkinsopp (914) 674-7405 (voice)
Head, Access Services (914) 674-7581 (fax)
Mercy College Libraries hblenkinsopp@mercynet.edu
555 Broadway
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522

--MS_Mac_OE_3045025486_4818061_MIME_Part

Re: foreign-language films with public performance rights Karen

"Blenkinsopp, Heather" wrote:

Hello,

Our College is in the process of planning a week-long foreign-language film= festival to take place next March. We'll be showing a  video each nigh= t  to our college and local communities.  There will be no charge = to attend.  As this is not a class, we would like to purchase videos th= at include public performance rights.  Does anyone know of a vendor who= specializes in foreign language films with English subtitles, and with publ= ic performance rights?

Thank you very much.

Heather

Heather Blenkinsopp       &nbs= p;          (914) 674-7405= (voice)
Head, Access Services       &n= bsp;         (914) 674-7581 (fa= x)