Re: foreign-language films with public performance rights

Jessica (jesskino@redconnect.net)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 14:43:31 -0700 (PDT)

--MS_Mac_OE_3044968464_1387865_MIME_Part

Heather
Basically you just contact the same company that distributes the title on
film ie New Yorker, Swank Kino, Milestone etc. No regular vendor such as
Facets or Baker & Taylor can sell a title with PPR because you are buying
RIGHTS not a video. Now some smaller companies like Kino, Zeitgeist,
Milestone etc will SELL a tape with PPR but for the most part you will need
to RENT them from SWANK, New Yorker, Criterion etc.

Good Luck

Jessica Rosner
Kino
----------
From: "Blenkinsopp, Heather" <HBlenkinsopp@mercynet.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
Subject: foreign-language films with public performance rights
Date: Tue, Jun 27, 2000, 9:14 PM

Hello,

Our College is in the process of planning a week-long foreign-language film
festival to take place next March. We'll be showing a video each night to
our college and local communities. There will be no charge to attend. As
this is not a class, we would like to purchase videos that include public
performance rights. Does anyone know of a vendor who specializes in foreign
language films with English subtitles, and with public performance rights?

Thank you very much.

Heather

Heather Blenkinsopp (914) 674-7405 (voice)
Head, Access Services (914) 674-7581 (fax)
Mercy College Libraries hblenkinsopp@mercynet.edu
555 Broadway
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522

--MS_Mac_OE_3044968464_1387865_MIME_Part

Re: foreign-language films with public performance rights Heather
[...]

Heather Blenkinsopp       &nbs= p;           (914) 67= 4-7405 (voice)
Head, Access Services       &n= bsp;          (914) 674-75= 81 (fax)
Mercy College Libraries         &nb= sp;     hblenkinsopp@mercy= net.edu

555 Broadway
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522

--MS_Mac_OE_3044968464_1387865_MIME_Part--