Re: DVDs

stephen O'Riordan (soriordan@ucsd.edu)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 09:21:41 -0700 (PDT)

Maureen,

At UCSD we purchase both formats. Many titles in both VHS & DVD. Though
we can support DVD w/in the library, as well as campus wide, we find that
most patrons still need VHS. Add to this what is available on DVD, outside
of the standard features, lead me to believe we will be purchasing in
mutlti format for some time to come.

Stephen

At 07:45 AM 6/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Are any Audiovisual Librarians changing their collection development policies
>to purchase only (or primarily) DVDs? Anyone have thoughts on the wisdom of
>such a policy? My Library Director is urging us to buy DVD, and only DVD,
>unless a title is not available in this format. Feedback on the pros and
cons
>would be much appreciated. Thanks--Maureen, ecl_mat@flo.org

Stephen O'Riordan
Film & Video Library
University of Calif. San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla Ca 92023-0175Q
phone: (858) 534-7981
fax: (858) 534-0189
e-mail: soriordan@ucsd.edu
http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/fvl/FVLPAGE.HTM