Re: DVDs

Gerald Notaro (notaro@bayflash.stpt.usf.edu)
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 08:06:16 -0700 (PDT)

We are starting with non essential titles to begin with. There is no
question in my mind about the superiority of DVD's as a medium, especially
for their added values and choices. They are clear winners in both pure
entertaiment and far superior for instruction. My only problem with such a
policy as your director suggests is with availability of the hardware. To
get DVD only would limit their use in homes and classrooms. If everyone,
everywhere had DVD players with Dolby Digital sound, his suggestion would
be grand.

Jerry Notaro, Media Librarian
University of South Florida