Re: greetings earthling

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:06:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Mark,

No, I'm still at the Yankton (SD) Community Library - I just answered the
woman's request using REPLY which happened to be the videolist serv in
Berkeley. I have several things in the works: I just applied for the
Head/Film & Video Library at U of Michigan - and got the job, but I'm not
taking it. I'm also a finalist for the Assistant State Librarian of Iowa -
I'll hear about that job this week. Out of the blue the Dean of the FSU
library school called me and asked me to send him my resume for the Library
Director of the Greenville (SC) County Library (this is a GREAT job!!)
Right now, I'm trying to get all the stuff arranged for the ALA annual
conference - Gala and programs (I'm current chair of VRT). I'm also
speaking at a university in St. Paul, MN around July 19-20 and writing a
chapter in Gary Handman's new book as well as contemplating a book with
Randy Pitman. I'm also working on the Library budget - FY2001. And I'm
playing in some some state tennis tournaments. Otherwise I'm not doing too
much. Hopefully, I'm coming to the NMM in Las Vegas, but (whine) it is
soooo expensive to get there and stay there - especially for my small
library. Just a note - the Yankton Community Library is going to be the
featured library in the magazine "Today's Librarian," Oct 2000 issue.
Sorry your DVD project is hectic, but I hope it works; I want to use your
project and Rick Faaberg's project as baselines for a new book on video
technology/delivery that I'm going to do next year.
See you - great to hear from you. I'm glad you're back using e-mail again
- that means your health has returned!!!

Jim Scholtz
Yankton Community Library
515 Walnut St.
Yankton, SD 57078