Re: career videos

Cambridge Documentary Films, Inc. (cdf@shore.net)
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:32:16 -0700 (PDT)

Regarding your request for career videos:
Radcliffe Career services approached us with the idea of making a "classic"
"Gloria" type film only instead of it being about psychoanalysis, it would
be about career counseling. We took a 20 something woman and in the space
of two days she received intense career counseling from 4 very different
type of career counselors, The first, Howard Figler,is a well known career
counselor and wrote several important texts on job searches, the second,
Acy Jackson did career counseling in a university setting, the third
Barbara Sher had written a popular book "Wishcraft" which had an unusual
approach to careers and the fourth Pricilla Claman, was a well know
counselor in the corporate setting. The results are a 2hr,35 min video
called "Life's Work." You can order it or our other award-winning video,
also made with Radcliffe Career Services,
about career planning for women "Not Just a Job" from our website
www.shore.net/~cdf. Thank you. CDF

At 12:28 PM 6/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I am looking for current, college level videos on careers. Does anyone
>have suggestions. Thanx.
>
>Linda Engelberg
>Video Librarian
>Wong Audiovisual Center
>Sinclair Library
>University of Hawaii
>Honolulu, HI 96822
>(808) 956-5414
>FAX (808) 956-5952
>engel@hawaii.edu

Cambridge Documentary Films, Inc.
P.O. Box 390385 Cambridge, MA 02139-0004
ph (617)484-3993 fx (617)484-0754
www.shore.net/~cdf
cdf@shore.net