Re: cataloging & processing

Karen Driessen (karend@selway.umt.edu)
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 16:56:50 -0700 (PDT)

I am interested in this topic. Would it be possible for Jim and the
originator of this question to speak about the strengths and weaknesses of
both of these services. As relatively new members of OCLC but long time
experience with ordering and cataloging a plethora of media, I am
especially interested in how the records of both of these companies can be
loaded into OCLC? Other issues you think are important as well would be
most helpful.

At 07:43 AM 06/21/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi, Yes I've had both consulting and ordering experience with Library
>Video Company for getting cataloging (cards and MARC readable records as
>well as various spine labels, etc. I was a consultant assisting with their
>web page ordering and value added services. Contact them at
>www.libraryvideocompany.com. I think that you'll like their service. Jim
>Scholtz.
>

>At 11:17 AM 6/19/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >Have any of you folks had experience with companies other than
>Professional Media Services that catalog & process videos?
> >Thanks for any information you can send me.

Karen C. Driessen, Director Phone: 406-243-2856
Instructional Media Services (MMLAO1) FAX: 406-243-4067
32 Campus Drive #4968 E-mail: karend@selway.umt.edu
The University of Montana
Missoula MT 59812-4968