Re: Confidentiality of circulation

Victoria Caplan (lbcaplan@ust.hk)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:53:37 -0700 (PDT)

What we do is call the faculty member who has it out and tell him or her
another faculty wants it, without mentioning names. That usually does the
trick.

Another thing we do if we know that one faculty plans to have it on really
extended loan, we ask him or her for permission to give his or her name to
another faculty member, in case they need it very quickly. They have
always said yes (all three times). We have never had a problem (touch
wood).

- Victoria