Re: Confidentiality of circulation

Joan Goodwin (mediasup@library.sdsu.edu)
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:08:34 -0700 (PDT)

--=====================_3868629==_.ALT

Ditto.
Many years I spent in Circulation, and that was one of our cardinal rules.
The privacy act is inviolable.

At 03:07 PM 6/14/00 -0700, you wrote:

><<2) If another teacher needs the tape, we give them the name of the person
>who has it overdue. Sorry to say, but it's true; getting a call from Media
>Center (or Library) staff is one thing, getting a call from a colleague is
>another. This has been policy for 20+ years, and it's no secret.>>

>deg farrelly, Media Librarian
>Arizona State University West
>4701 West Thunderbird Road, P.O. Box 37100
>Phoenix, Arizona 85069-7100
>Phone: 602.543.8522 | Fax: 602.543.8540 | E-Mail: deg@asu.edu

Joan Freeman Goodwin
Media Center Supervisor

Malcolm A. Love Library email:jgoodwin@mail.sdsu.edu
San Diego State University phone:(619)594-6759
San Diego, California 92182-8050 fax : (619)594-0718