Re: Request for Audio Recording

Loris Baker (lbaker@bapl.org)
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:00:02 -0700 (PDT)

At 09:46 AM 6/14/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Sorry to interrupt everyone with a non-video request but I thought that
>someone on the list may be able to help me with this one. A professor
>here is looking for an audio recording of the "best" Honegger's King
>David. She also has written down "Le Roi David" on her written
>request. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks a bunch!
>
>--
>Tami-Jo Eckley
>Electronic Services & Media Librarian
>Manhattanville College Library
>Purchase, New York 10577
>http://www.mville.edu/library
>______________________________________
>
>--

I just ordered Le Roi David for our library (haven't listened to it yet) on
Naxos (# 8.553649) conducted by Piquemal. This is a bargain label with
usually good quality recordings. I chose it based on a review in the Jan.
2000 issue of BBC Music Magazine.

Loris Baker
Audio-Visual Librarian
Bethlehem Area Public Library