Re: video fines

Ginette Mageau (gmageau@uottawa.ca)
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:33:34 -0700 (PDT)

We circulate our VHS to both students and faculty for three days and
charge fines of $2.00 per day, per document, up to a maximum of 20$.
Our collection is strictly for classroom and study use.

Exceptionally, we will allow faculty to borrow for longer periods (
up to a week) if the document is needed for several classes . The AV
material can be also put on Reserve, in which case, the faculty
member can choose to set a loan period of 2 ,4, 24 or 48 hours. Fines
for Reserve are $1 per hour , up to a maximum of $ 20 .

A fine of $1 per hour per document (on top of the regular Reserve
fine) will be applied to users refusing to return a overdue reserve
item.

Our Lending code works well. We have an additional incentive : non
payment of outstanding fines results in the withholding of grade
reports and degree diplomas , and in referral to a collection agency.

> Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:45:44 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Ridie.W.Ghezzi@Dartmouth.EDU (Ridie W. Ghezzi)
> To: Multiple recipients of list <videolib@library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject: video fines

> Greetings. As we prepare to open our new Media Center, we have been updating old policies and adding new ones. One of these is our circulation policy for videos, which includes a discussion of fines >
> We were wondering what sort of fines other centers collect for overdue fees. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Please answer to the list, as others might find this discussion useful>
> Ridie Wilson Ghezzi
> Humanities and Social Sciences Reference Bibliographer
> Baker Library
> Dartmouth College
> Hanover, NH 03755
> ridie.w.ghezzi@dartmouth.edu

Ginette Mageau
Chef, Mediathèque et Services de prêt/Media and Loans Services
Bibliothèque Morisset Library, Université d'Ottawa University
gmageau@uottawa.ca
tél. (613) 562-5800 poste/ext 3632
téléc./fax (613) 562-5133