Re: Typography video

Marc Sober 396-4616 (msober@mail.pratt.lib.md.us)
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:05:42 -0700 (PDT)

Here's a record from the Art on Screen Database that seems to match your
query (about 23 other records came up when I did a search on
"typography"):

Title: COLONIAL PRINTER
Series Title: Eighteenth-Century Life in Williamsburg, Virginia
Data: 27 min. col. 16mm
Year: 1952
Country of Prod'n: United States
Language: English
Producing Agency: Colonial Williamsburg Foundation
Sources: Kent State University Audio Visual Services ; Michigan State
University (Rental) ; University of California/Los Angeles Instr. Media Library ;
Utah State University (Rental) ; Rental-see Educational
Film & Video Locator
Synopsis: Describes an episode in the life of Peter Thompson, a
printer's apprentice in Williamsburg,
Virginia in 1775. Shows the various jobs he must learn;
pictures the other employees of
the printer's shop, including a journeyman and an
indentured servant. Dramatizes Peter's part in
discovering and publishing the news of the raid by
British troops on the Williamsburg arsenal.
Eighteenth-Century Life in Williamsburg, Virginia series.
(University of Illinois )
Genre Film: History ; Docudrama
Aud./Grade Level: Elementary ; Junior High ; High School
Suggested Uses: General Information
Subject Headings: Graphic arts -- American Colonial; Typography -- North
America -- United States -- Virginia -- Williamsburg
-- 18C 1770D

Assoc Concepts: Art and revolutions
Artist on Camera: No
Reviews: American Artist , Vol 27, No 2, Feb 63

Marc Sober voice : (410)396-4616
Audio-Visual Department FAX : (410)545-7517
Enoch Pratt Free Library e-mail: msober@epfl.
400 Cathedral St. web: http://www.pratt.lib.md.us/slrc/sas
Baltimore, MD 21201