Re: VRT Gala

Jim Scholtz (jscholtz@sdln.net)
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:51:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Brigid, Your attire for the evenings Gala gala depends completely on
whom you personally wish to attract/detract or repluse. The Galas run the
gamit - usually pretty causual in terms of eats and conversation, but we
have library directors, ALA officers, etc. attending as well as regular
VRTers. I would say that better office clothes are the espre' de corp with
the possiblity of tennis shoes for comfort - of course! The attire
sometimes depends upon the venue as well. I wore a completely different
attire in Washington DC when John Waters spoke than I did in New Orleans
(very causual). Don't worry, it's not like the Oscars - but if you wear a
Lopez-like dress, let me know before hand so that I can put my teenage boys
on a leash first!! Also at the Gala's we are like Humphery Bogart - "We
don't need know stinkin' badges" - Treasure of Sierra Madre. Hope this
information helps.

Jim Scholtz.